Your Child is Your Best Friend

Your child should be your best friend and the feeling should be mutual with your child.

Building a friendly relationship with your child is a lifetime process.  And this process begins early when your child is still in your womb (as a mother) or in your spouse womb (as a father).

Make it a top priority that you really build a lasting relationship with your kids especially as they grow.

One way to do this is that you should remind your kids that you are their best friend.  A place you should both enjoy together is your home not in the neighborhood.  Although building relationship with neighbors is also encourage.

Whatever happens in their life, they can be sure that you will always be by their side.  Whatever questions they might have, although you don't have all the answers, you are there to listen to them.  And whenever they feel discouraged, be an encourager to them.  Do whatever it takes to build confidence in your kids and to make your relationship stronger.

Here is an article I would like to share with you from an anonymous author:

My Friend

My friend, I stand in judgment now,
And I feel that you're to blame somehow.
On earth I walked with you day by day,
And never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and glory
But never did you tell the story,
My knowledge then was very dim;
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together here on earth,
You never told me of the second birth,
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things that's true;
I called you friend and I trusted you,
But I learn now, that it's too late,
And you could have kept me from this fate.

We walked by day, and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light;
You let me live and love and die,
You knew I'd never live on high.

Yes, I called you "friend" in life
And trusted you through fun and strife.
And yet, on coming to this dreadful end,
I cannot, now, call you "my friend".

0 comments:

Post a Comment